Award-winning Lattice sensAI Solutions Stack Further Extends Lead in Ultra Low-power AI at the Edge
Updated sensAI Solutions Stack Delivers Highly Accurate, Low Power AI Solutions for Industrial, Automotive, Compute, and Consumer Applications
“MCUs struggle to deliver the performance needed for Edge AI applications while still maintaining strict power budgets. But thanks to their small size, support for parallel processing and sensor-agnostic AI inferencing, Lattice FPGAs are a compelling platform for any number of Edge AI applications requiring low power operation,” said
The latest enhancements to the Lattice sensAI solution stack include:
- sensAI on the iCE40 UltraPlus™ FPGA now supports 8-bit quantization, which allows customers to double their neural network model’s size for more accurate AI performance
- sensAI on the ECP5™ FPGA now supports the MobileNet and ResNet neural network models, which can process higher resolution images to deliver more accurate AI performance with no increase in power consumption
New application reference designs for fast implementation of additional Edge AI applications, including:
- Enhanced key phrase detection for AI/ML-enabled human machine interface applications using microphones. This reference design provides the ability for customers to retrain the neural network model to recognize new key words or phrases as needed
- Enhanced human face recognition, which, in addition to detecting a human face, can now identify specific registered users. New registered users can be added to the face recognition application without retraining the device’s entire neural network, providing significant savings to both system design time and cost
Enhancements to existing presence detection and object counting reference designs that deliver more accurate AI performance at low power for applications like:
- Wake-on approach for printers and laptops
- Defect detection and operator compliance in industrial smart cameras
For more information, please visit www.latticesemi.com/sensAI.
GENERAL NOTICE: Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holders.