Lattice MachXO3D Secure Control FPGA Receives Security Certification from NIST
CAVP Certification for MachXO3D FPGAs Enables Communication/Compute, Industrial and Automotive Systems to Protect, Detect and Recover from Attacks
“Securing hardware against unauthorized access is critical to preventing the potentially catastrophic damage caused by data and design theft, product cloning and overbuilding, and device tampering or hijacking. However, the threat landscape is constantly evolving, making it difficult for OEMs to confirm their system’s hardware is truly protected,” said Jim Tavacoli, Senior Director of Product Marketing,
MachXO3D is the only FPGA on the market that combines the design flexibility of programmable logic with a secure dual-boot configuration block to provide easy application design, establish a hardware-based Root of Trust to ensure system components only boot from authorized firmware, and enable secure delivery of firmware updates in the field. Key features of the MachXO3D include:
- Up to 9K look-up tables for implementing logic that instantly configures at power up from on-device flash memory
- On-device regulator for single 2.5/3.3-volt power supply operation
- Support for up to 2700 Kbits of user flash memory and up to 430 Kbits sysMEM™ embedded block RAM to provide more flexible design options
- Up to 383 I/Os, configurable to support LVCMOS 3.3 to 1.0, and designed to integrate into a wide variety of system environments with features such as hot-socketing, default pull-down, input hysteresis, and programmable slew rate
Embedded security block that provides pre-verified hardware support for cryptographic functions such as ECDSA256, ECIES,
AES, SHA, HMAC, TRNG, Unique Secure ID and Public/Private Key Generation
- Embedded secure configuration engine to ensure only FPGA configurations from a trusted source can be installed
- Dual on-device configuration memories to enable fail-safe reprogramming of component firmware in the event of compromise
Samples of the MachXO3D are available now. For more information, please visit http://www.latticesemi.com/MachXO3D.
GENERAL NOTICE: Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holders.