Lattice Extends Low Power Leadership with New Lattice Avant FPGA Platform
‒ Delivers industry-leading power efficiency, small form factor, and performance ‒
‒ Expands product portfolio and doubles addressable market ‒
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221205005005/en/
New Lattice Avant FPGA Platform (Graphic: Business Wire)
“With Lattice Avant, we extend our low power leadership position in the FPGA industry and are poised to continue our rapid pace of innovation, while also doubling the addressable market for our product portfolio,” said
“Enormous amounts of data are being generated every day by billions of connected sensors, devices, and systems supported by AI algorithms, creating an accelerated need for intelligence at the Edge. This trend requires developers and OEMs to look for more flexible and adaptable solutions,” said
Lattice Avant enables system and application developers to address important industry challenges around increases in technology connectedness and intelligence, the accelerating demand for innovation, and the growing need for efficiency and flexibility in system and application design. Combining its power optimized programmable fabric, class-leading aggregate bandwidth, adaptable hardware acceleration, and expanded application support, Lattice Avant is built from the ground up for low power FPGA leadership.
“We are proud to build on our history of power efficient innovation with the introduction of Lattice Avant by delivering breakthrough architectural advancements, features, and capabilities to address our customers’ needs across an expanded set of applications,” said
The Lattice Avant platform equips customers with:
- Up to 2.5X lower power than similar class competitive devices helping system and application engineers achieve power and thermal design efficiencies, improve operating costs, and enhance reliability
- Up to 2X faster throughput at lower power than similar class competitive devices delivers increased bandwidth and reduces links, system cost and size, while enabling datapath applications
- Up to 6X smaller package size compared to similar class competitive devices enables size efficient system designs
- Combines configurable SERDES up to 25 Gbps, hardened support for PCIe® Gen 4, high performance I/O, and high speed memory interface support including LPDDR4 and DDR5
- Leverages existing, familiar Lattice software solutions including easy-to-use design tools, reference designs and SDKs, a broad IP portfolio, in addition to Lattice’s portfolio of application-specific solution stacks, to help customers achieve more efficient design development and faster go-to-market.
The Lattice Avant platform is architected for scalability that will enable the rapid development of multiple new device families, starting today with the launch of the Lattice Avant™-E FPGA family. Lattice Avant-E FPGAs are designed to solve key customer challenges at the Edge by combining class-leading power efficiency, size and performance with an optimized feature set tailored to the needs of Edge applications like data processing and AI.
The Lattice Avant platform and Lattice Avant-E devices were announced today at a livecast event, a replay of which will soon be available on the company’s website.
For more information on the Lattice Avant, please visit: